SEEKING FULL-TIME* THERAPIST
Head/Heart Therapy is a group therapy practice specializing in the treatment of adults and adolescents struggling with shame, trauma, addiction, mood/anxiety disorders, and many other difficulties of life. We aim to increase our clients’ capacity for self-compassion, empowerment and efficacy by helping diminish unnecessary suffering. We seek to develop authentic, caring connections with clients through empathy, kindness, patience and hope. Head/Heart Therapy provides a foundation of serenity, understanding and balance. Our therapists offer a unique set of skills to provide integrative, holistic care in a healing environment.
We are looking for a full-time* psychotherapist (20+ session hours per week) who is willing to join our healing village. Our ideal candidate is a master organizer, who has the skills to manage their own schedule. This candidate would be committed to benefit from and add to the culture that we are building in the Head/Heart community. If you feel like you are this candidate, you will need to present with the values that we practice on a day-to-day basis. We are a healing village that practices from a liberatory lens, recognizing that healing cannot be only a one-on-one process, systems often inhibit mental wellness and as providers, we are not here to fix you, but rather, help you find the healing powers within yourself. We expect our team members to have a presentation of authenticity and vulnerability with clients, team members and community members; we believe that if we cannot see you, clients cannot be expected to be seen by you. In our village, accountability is recognized as a quality that comes from the responsibility of each team member as management does not micro-manage. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, the ideal candidate is one who fosters joy in the work that we do; healing without joy is retraumatization.
Work hours are flexible, but will require at least one weekend day to accommodate client needs. We are looking for candidates who possess an interest in specializing in trauma, addiction/substance use disorders, shame-resilience, as well as complementary healing modalities. We require our therapists to build connections with organizations, providers and community centers outside of Head/Heart Therapy. Though we have a consistent stream of incoming referrals, you are the best marketer of yourself. Networking, from our perspective, is part of community building necessary for individual and systeming healing.
If you are a candidate who aligns with these interests and values, we are looking forward to getting to know you.
- A Master’s Degree in social work or professional counseling. Applicants must have LSW, LPC or clinical licensure and have a minimum of 2 years of practice post graduate degree. LCSW, LCPC, LMFT preferred.
- Experience working with substance use disorders (treatment center, outpatient therapy or community mental health) and an openness to both philosophies of abstinence and harm-reduction.
- Experience with supporting folks who’ve experienced trauma. Training in body-oriented therapy preferred (NARM, sensorimotor psychotherapy, somatic experiencing, etc.)
- A self starter, motivated, with adequate administrative and technology skills.
- Commitment to anti-racism, social justice and decolonizing the mental health field.
- Open to working with and affirming of: LGBTQIA+ clients, those with interests in kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory, & other forms of non-monogamy), those in the sex work industry, and sex-positivity .
- An interest or training in additional healing modalities such as Reiki, hypnotherapy, yoga, energy psychology, creative arts therapies, etc.
- A thirst for knowledge and desire to keep learning.
- Patience and willingness to actively grow their practice.
- Organized, team-oriented, professional, timely and responsible.
- A willingness and passion for self-work as it relates to both personal and professional growth.
- A willingness to work from the office space for at least 50% of your schedule.
- Complete the credentialing and insurance paneling requirements.
- Contact and schedule patients in a timely manner.
- Provide psychotherapy to individuals, couples and/or groups.
- Complete documentation and billing forms in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain a caseload of at least 25+ clients in order to conduct 20+ sessions a week.
- Attend various networking/marketing/training events to increase professional network and skills.
- Attractive income potential in a fee for service practice.
- Regular supervision in relational modalities.
- Monthly consultations around relational therapy, networking and working with a liberatory lens.
- Eligibility for health insurance covered at 20% by the employer.
- Simple IRA with 3% matching by employer after 1 year.
- Liability insurance covered by the employer.
- Marketing and referrals.
- Regular group consultation.
- A practice that prioritizes self-work, ongoing growth, and learning.
- Freedom to develop your own programs, workshops and groups.
- CEU Stipend.
- This is a W2 position.
To apply, please provide the following three items to firstname.lastname@example.org: A resume/CV, one letter of recommendation (please include reference pronouns), and one supplementary material that represents your identity as a therapist. This expression of identity can be a piece of art, music, a dance routine, or a piece of writing utilizing your own voice. This expression should get to who you are as a therapist and how you fit into Head/Heart values. A brief statement accompanying a piece of art is encouraged.
At Head/Heart Therapy we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, applicants, and our community. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Head/Heart Therapy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Head/Heart Therapy is also an affirmative action employer that welcomes diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. Head/Heart Therapy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, gender identity/expression), non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status/civil union or domestic partnership status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, related medical conditions, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor/any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Head/Heart Therapy is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
To learn more about Head/Heart Therapy and the practice, please visit www.headhearttherapy.com
*Full-time therapists are required to work a minimum of 30 hours and average 22-25 clients a week (not to exceed 40 hours a week). Salary will be based on commission. Due to the variability in caseload per week, clinicians who are seeing fewer clients will complete additional responsibilities when they have lower volume clinical weeks to assist them in meeting the 30-hour minimum requirement.
Please click on this link to see the job posting on Indeed.com.