Applications are being reviewed for a full-time* psychotherapist position. Hours are flexible, but will require weekends. Candidates must possess an interest in specializing in addiction/substance use disorders, trauma, shame-resilience, as well as complementary healing modalities.
- A Master’s Degree in social work or professional counseling. Applicants must have LSW, LPC or clinical licensure and have a minimum of 2 years of practice post graduate degree. LCSW, LCPC, LMFT preferred.
- Experience working with substance use disorders (treatment center, outpatient therapy or community mental health) and an openness to both philosophies of abstinence and harm-reduction.
- Experience working trauma. Training in body-oriented therapy preferred (NARM, sensorimotor psychotherapy, somatic experiencing, etc.)
- A self starter, motivated, with adequate administrative/technology skills.
- Commitment to anti-racism, social justice and decolonizing the mental health field.
- Open to working with LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy)
- An interest or training in additional healing modalities such as Reiki, hypnotherapy, yoga, energy psychology, creative arts therapies, etc.
- A thirst for knowledge.
- Patience and willingness to actively grow their practice.
- Organized, team-oriented, professional, timely and responsible.
- A willingness and passion for self-work as it relates to both personal and professional growth.
- Complete the credentialing and insurance paneling requirements.
- Contact and schedule patients in a timely manner.
- Provide psychotherapy to individuals, couples and/or groups.
- Complete documentation and billing forms in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain a caseload of at least 20-24 sessions a week.
- Attend various networking/marketing/training events to increase professional network and skills.
- Attractive income potential in a fee for service practice.
- Regular supervision and consultation in addiction and shame-resilience modalities.
- Eligibility for health insurance covered at 20% by employer.
- Simple IRA with 3% matching by employer after 1 year.
- Liability insurance covered by employer.
- Marketing and referrals.
- Regular group consultation.
- A practice that prioritizes self-work, ongoing growth, and learning.
- Freedom to develop your own programs, workshops and groups.
- This is a W2 position.
To apply, please send resume or CV, cover letter and one letter of recommendation to email@example.com. Please discuss your experience working with individuals who suffer from substance use disorders and your philosophy regarding abstinence and harm reduction.
Head/Heart Therapy is a group therapy practice specializing in the treatment of adults and adolescents struggling with shame, trauma, addiction, mood/anxiety disorders, and many other difficulties of life. We aim to increase our clients’ capacity for self-compassion, empowerment and efficacy by helping diminish unnecessary suffering. We seek to develop authentic, caring connections with clients through empathy, kindness, patience and hope.
Head/Heart Therapy provides a foundation of serenity, understanding and balance. Our therapists offer a unique set of skills to provide integrative, holistic care in a healing environment.
At Head/Heart Therapy we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, applicants, and our community. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Head/Heart Therapy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and prohibits discrimination and harassement of any kind. Head/Heart Therapy is also an affirmative action employer that welcomes diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. Head/Heart Therapy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, gender identity/expression), non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status/civil union or domestic partnership status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, related medical conditions, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor/any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Head/Heart Therapy is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
To learn more about Sarah Buino and the practice, visit www.headhearttherapy.com
*Full-time therapists are required to work a minimum of 30 hours and average 20-24 clients a week (not to exceed 40 hours week). Salary will be based on commission. Due to the variability in caseload per week, clinicians who are seeing fewer clients will complete additional responsibilities when they have lower volume clinical weeks to assist them in meeting the 30-hour minimum requirement.